Patient Participation Group
The overall aim of our group (PPG) is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring that the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG. It is planned to have informal meetings organised by patients and then to meet formally within the Practice 3 times a year. In the interests of effective decision making, these face to face meetings will be limited to a maximum of twelve. The majority of our communications will be via email and we would like to be able to find out the options of as many patients as possible.
· The group is not a forum to air individual complaints and issues
· We advocate open and honest communication
· All views are valid and will be listened to
· Racism and discrimination will not be tolerated
· The purpose is to help improve healthcare services for the practice community
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves;
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input into the delivery of services and provide constructive two way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests;
- To promote a patient perspective and enable patients to access and make the best use of available healthcare;
- To encourage a spirit of self-help and support amongst patients to improve their health and well-being;
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice evaluate its services;
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
If you would like to join the Group, please click here to complete the Registration Form and hand it back to Reception.